A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

Subject: A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:29:22 -0700
Hello Listers ---

Yesterday, after 2 years of going through every chapter in the repair
manuals two or three times, I drove the TR3B for the first time since I
bought it (and it had sat in a field for 15 years before that). Talk about
pumped up!!! Now it's pretty ugly (front apron missing, bonnet tied down,
gotta hold the doors in, brakes go damn near to the floor before stopping,
have to pull the accelerator pedal back up with your foot as soon as you can
spare its use on the brake, all the paint is either 37 years old or primer),
but talk about FUN! I got so excited I extended my "once around the block"
initial drive to "once around the neighborhood". This led to the fulfilling
experience of walking 1/2 mile back home to haul back the gas can I was
going to use before becoming overwhelmed by the whole thing.

Once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! to all of you. I not only could not have
gotten this far without you, I never would have even considered trying. And
while my wallet may have been more complete if I had not taken this path,
the rest of me would not. So this moment was yours as well as mine.

Dave Moag
62 TR3B (pretending it's a real car for a day)
77 Spitfire