cv vrs univ joints revisited

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, SPITFIRES <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: cv vrs univ joints revisited
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 13:01:43 -0400
Sorry to bomb both lists but I only paid a little attention to the CV/UNI
thread. The other night I saw part of a Speedvision program and it was
about the dessert racers mainly a 4x4 truck. At one point they had an under
hood camera showing the suspension working and it sure looked like each
axle has 4 countum four CV joints. Two are at each end of the axle in a
pairs rather than singles.

My first thought was how can that work, but figuring that if a heavy duty
spring was in each of the outer ones (wheel and differential connected ones
are outer, axle connected ones are the center two) pushing it into its
housing and the ones connected to the axle in the normal way only during
extreme suspension movement would the outer two come into play.

My 2 p on subject.......

The arthur       >;-} :4 O:-)-}8<
www.anedieco.com/tr.htm
kit car aka 69 GT6
82 XJ6  Jaguar   (Jennifer)
boxy thing on wheels aka ford aerostar   (boxy lady??? 8-} )