Re: 1500 header brand?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 header brand?
From: JOrwin308@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:46:11 EDT
At the risk of starting the mother of all threads, I would like the current
consensus on exhaust.

I have a '78 Spitfire with what looks like a header that someone made in Jr.
High auto shop.  Also, the catalytic converter is shot.  Basically, I need to
get a new exhaust system from the head back.  I would like to be able to
register my car, so I will probably by a new cat.conv.  My question is, are
there any tuned aftermarket headers that allow for installation with a CC?
Or, shall I start the search for a stock exhaust manifold?

Also, other than Victoria British (pricey) and Moss, are there any other
suppliers who carry more than a few parts?  I am in the US so I need a source
that is here or will ship internationally.

Thanks for all f your input!

Peace,
    John