Colorado Conclave mini-report

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Colorado Conclave mini-report
From: "Karl Theis" <kjtheis@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:20:56 MDT
My '67 GT6 and I attended the Colorado Conclave last Sunday and,   although
the weather was the worst ever in the 15 year history of the meet (cold and
overcast), The turnout was surprisingly good. Quite a few TR's, a few Stags,
one Herald, one Gloria. The Spit/GT6 turnout has been on the wane - fewer
are turning out each year.  I don't know why.  There were five GT6's and
only four Spitfires in attendance this year. I had the honor of parking my
three-tone GT6 (Valencia blue, darker Valencia blue touch-up paint and
rust)next to the perfect light blue MKI Spitfire we all know from the cover
of the Spring 1998 Victoria British catalog. That car had a small crowd
around it all morning. I did manage to squeeze in and have a nice
conversation with the owners. Wonderful people, enthusiastic and loved to
talk about their car.  But, aren't all Triumph people like that?
Later
Karl Theis