info, important???

To: SPITFIRES <spitfires@autox.team.net>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: info, important???
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:20:02 -0400
In reading specifications of rubber for entry on to my web site information
center I found a reference to "Sour gasoline" (gasoline which has developed
peroxides). I found that enlightening since some of our British cars get
stored for a period of time. The reference was to a certain special rubber
with stabilizers added that could withstand the "Sour Gasoline". That makes
me think that when one of our cars is stored for any length of time the
"varnish" that forms will eat any rubber that is in the fuel system. This
will also cause problems to the owners of cars with the SU carbs with the
little tubes at the bottom and owners of cars with Strombergs since the
Strombergs have the plug in the bottom.

The information came from a BF Goodrich pamphlet and the distributer said
the special rubber is not available.

no need to reply just info i thought you'all would like to know....

The arthur       >;-} :4 O:-)-}8<
www.anedieco.com/tr.htm
kit car aka 69 GT6
82 XJ6  Jaguar   (Jennifer)
boxy thing on wheels aka ford aerostar   (boxy lady??? 8-} )