spring compression

To: "LIST Spitfires egroup" <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>,
Subject: spring compression
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 00:03:10 -0400
you may laugh...
it's been nearly 18 years since I did it.
...hey I was young and maybe a little less careful

I had three of my friend stand on car as close to the suspension as possible
to compress it as much as possible.
I took rope and wrapped it though the coils multiple times and tide them off

yes.. the rope stretched a bit, but at full extension...but when I jacked up
the car
at full extension the springs retracted away from the top plate
still unbolt job after that.

Putting them back on the car..when jacked into position I just cut the rope
and POP!
they were in place.

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - daily driver