Gadget to open bonnet

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gadget to open bonnet
From: Chris Crisenbery <ffajackson@absolute-net.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 17:24:41 -0400
In the racing world of Spitsters where we use really flexible fiberglass
bonnets, we have created a little device that allows us to open the
bonnet without creating extreme flex. I will attempt to describe it for
all.

Imagine if you will a handle with a rope that passes through it. the
rope extends 3 or so feet each way of the handle. The handle is locked
in place to the rope usually by a knot on each side of the handle (I
have also seen the handle loose on the rope). At the end of each rope is
a small S hook. The S hooks are then placed on each side of the bonnet
in the fresh air vent slots. The latches are released and with a pull
from the center of the bonnet up she comes.

I suspect something like this could work with the steel bonnets using
the soft types of ropes and coated S hooks.

Kick it around and let me know if any one tries it.

Chris Crisenbery Rascal Racing