Re: Heater Control Valve

To: davidt@opentext.com
Subject: Re: Heater Control Valve
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@mrdog.msl.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:44:29 -0400
In your vick-brit catalog, is it one of the "Manifold Components" that
is sandwiched between two "Washer-Fiber" items and held in place by a
Banjo Bolt?  In the catalog I have from them, (SG.28, 1999 Summer,
page 70) it has no number, indicating unavailability.  I don't have a
GT6 cat from Rimmer Brothers, but they seem to have everything, or at
least a reference number that you can use to go searching.

Meanwhile, you might try to build an assembly of brass plumbing parts;
it looks to me like the component you seek is equivalent to a Tee
fitting, but with one arm bent.  I don't know what thread the Banjo
Bolt might have, but it shouldn't be too hard to match.

One other question -- is this broken "valve" metal or plastic?

Good luck,
Donald.