RE: A Spit isn't a TR4

To: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A Spit isn't a TR4
From: "Pete Ryner" <pryner@ij.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 18:35:17 -0400
Tom,
At least it was a spitfire.  I answered a similar ad in New York a few years
ago.  Car had been sitting NEXT to his barn for "10 years".  Said it was a
TR-4 on the phone, thought it would run.  He only wanted $150 so I bought it
unseen.  Got there on Saturday and found a Herald sitting next to the barn,
no front end, a tree growing through the rusted out floor board, etc.  I
ended up giving him $100 for it and sold it at cost to an enthusiast.  You
just never know.
Pete