Re: Spit rear sag

To: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit rear sag
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 11:50:08 -0400
Shocks (unless they are Gas shocks) won't do anything to 'support'
the weight of the car.

I just replaced the rear spring in my '78 last week. The lean is gone when
viewed from outside the car.
Sitting in the drivers seat, I believe a little lean is still there.

There are front spring spacers that can be added that will fully remove the
lean.
On GT6's since the gas tank is on the driver's side on US version (on UK
versions
the driver and tank would have been on opposite sides..canceling each other
out)
It wasn't uncommon to find a donut shaped spacer at the top of the front
left spring
to counter the weight setting.

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - daily driver