Soft top install blues

To: Spit-LIST <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Soft top install blues
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:37:50 -0700
I opted to have my new canvas top installed professionally and its a good
thing I did.  The top I got was from Caribou and looks well made otherwise
but the side window seal area where it meets the windshield frame is too
long by about an 1-1/2" on each side.  Everything else fit well and the seal
around the rear section of the side windows looks correct.  So the
installation shop is going to have to modify it slightly.  It was either
this or take it all off and return it and start over with another
manufacturer, plus money spent on the install shop again.  I called Caribou
to ensure I got the correct top and all was well so they offered to let me
return it for full refund despite having glue and holes on it.  I wasn't
keen on starting over again.  I just wondered if others out here had trouble
with Caribou tops before.
Peter s