Re: fuel pressure and Weber DGV problems

To: "G faber" <gfaber@fast.net>
Subject: Re: fuel pressure and Weber DGV problems
From: "Michael Altomare" <MTAltomare@Prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:12:05 -0400
Gerry,

I had exactly the same problem with my '77 when I switched to the Weber 15
years ago.  (You won't regret the change.)  I recommend that you stay with
the electric pump and find a fuel pressure regulator.  My Weber book states
(several times) that the max fuel pressure is 2 1/2 psi or the carb will
flood.  Most auto parts store will carry them.  I have a Purolator brand
regulator that cost me about $12.  If you have trouble finding one, look for
places that specialize in VW Bug conversions.  Webers are popular on these
cars.

Michael Altomare
'77 Spitfire 1500
Kennesaw, GA