Bushings problem

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bushings problem
From: "Aidan Corcoran" <aidan@acquirer.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 12:27:45 +0100

Guys,

I'm trying to replace the UJs and half-shafts on my Mk 2. I managed to undo
the bolts on the Inner Drive Flange, and then I started to try and remove
the whole hub. After a lot of work (2 hours) I managed to remove the bolt
through the top of the "vertical link".

I'm having problems with all the other bolts, (radius arm and shock
absorber). The bushings seem to have "fermented" onto the bolts (they must
be original), and even though I have the nuts off, the bolts just won't
budge. It's also quite difficult for me to hit the bolts with a hammer.

Have you any ideas how to remove the bolts?

Any other comments would be apprecited...

Thanks

Aidan
FC 83365 Spitfire Mk 2