bleedin' brakes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: bleedin' brakes
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:04:45 +0100
While bleeding the brakes on my 78 Spit, I noticed the pedal would only go down
a few inches while the bleed valve was open.  This has me worried, as I rebuilt
the MC and am now wondering if I got it back together correctly.  The brake
pedals on my other cars go in quite a bit more, almost to the floor, but since
this mc has three pistons, perhaps the travel isn't as great.  Any comments on
how far it should go before bottoming out?  BTW, I think I got the keeper pin in
correctly. Thanks.
Richard