What have it done!?!

To: "Spit-LIST" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: What have it done!?!
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:15:16 -0700
Took the Spit to show my brother and his car nut employee.  As it used to be
my brothers car I thought he'd like to see how it came out.  He was
downright shocked.  He also said he's surprised how quickly it was
completed.  It been about 3 months.
I parked at a store and came out and 4 people were standing looking at it.
The standard statement of "haven't seen one of those for a long time" but
followed by "it looks new!".  Then on the way home while sitting at a
traffic light a 60-ish man in a car next to me with apparently good taste
yells out "I don't suppose that beauty is for sale?".
Does the rest of us get this treatment with their finished cars?
Peter s