Re: Main Thrust Washers

To: Carsten.Weber@dbsoft.exactsoftware.com
Subject: Re: Main Thrust Washers
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:17:13 EDT
In a message dated 8/31/1999 9:49:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Carsten.Weber@dbsoft.exactsoftware.com writes:

> The main bearing cap shows the wear at the
>  back end, almost big enough to put a third TW in.

I've never seen a main bearing cap get worn as you describe.  Perhaps the
block has been damaged from a TW dropping out, the crank and block wore down
some, new TW's were installed and they wore down enough to work their way out
past the cap.... etc...

If you put in new TW's, is there still significant (more than spec) slop
there?  Then the block and crank have been damaged... the rest is history...

Let us know!
Clark