Re: Tonneau count

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>, "Spit-LIST" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tonneau count
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:43:10 +0100

>'tah no' - 3 people
>'ton o' - 1 person>
>'taw new' - 1 person
>
>Well, based on this highly scientific study I'd say the
correct way is 'tah
>no'.  Now we just have to decide if its a long tah - like
tahhhh no, or
>short tah - like ta-no.

Tah-no is how the French would pronounce it if they wanted
to hear it in an American aksent. As a nation, they squirm
with indignation when they hear their noble language being
prostituted by 'English' speakers on either side of the
Atlantic. With respect, Option 2 is how they would say it
and with equal balance on both syllables. While I didn't
read
the start of this thread and assuming this 'tonn o' is a new
one and to the same quality of the original Triumph item,
you
will have to be something of a 'prestidigitateur' (don't
forget the rolling first r) to make it fit!

Jonmac