Re: 70 Spit brakes, problem solved=thanks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 70 Spit brakes, problem solved=thanks
From: KHOCO@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:10:28 EDT
Thanks to all who responded to my questions. It turned out the problem was in
the MC. The seal on the reservoir return valve for the rear brakes was
improperly installed allowing fluid to return to the reservior instead of
sealing (most of the time). I should have stressed that the pedal was very
inconsistant. It would seal on one pump and not on the next.
        My brakes are now very good and I haven't even finished bleeding them
yet! Also found a great way to reassemble the valve to the secondary piston.
I put the piston in a deep well socket put the spring on the piston and the
valve assembly on top of that. Then I used a large dowel to push the valve
down untill it clicks back together. You have to feel around untill you feel
the locking collar engage but its not hard. Pretty fast and very easy. Beats
putting it in a vise.

Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784
70 Spit FDU84919