Re: electrical gremlins or Kicked out of Dairy Queen

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>, "Spit-LIST" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electrical gremlins or Kicked out of Dairy Queen
From: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 18:57:03 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter S. <alfapete@pacbell.net>
To: Spit-LIST <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 5:33 PM
Subject: electrical gremlins

I've got about
> 7-8 gallons in the tank now.  Is this low enough to remove the sender?

I don't 'think' so. I recently filled my Spit tank. I had a big time leak at
the sender and when I pulled into the local dairy Queen, I was asked to
leave. Gee, I haven't been kicked out of a drive-in for a long time ( like
43 years).  BTW, of course, this was the first time my wife consented to a
ride in the Spit. But that's another story.

My uneducated guess is that might be a gallon or so too high. I base this
guess on two 'shaky premises: First, my fuel gauge reads a tad more than 1/2
full and the actual level is just below the sender. Second, it's my gut
feeling.

Good luck,

Tom
Missing 3 or 4 gallons of 94 Octane gas