Re: Trying again

To: "John & Tracy Knox" <jknox@erie.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trying again
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 00:47:59 -0400
John & Tracy Knox asked:

> I have a few questions about my newly aquired 1970
> spit.  Second what is
> the top of the inner door supposed to look like?  mine have a black vilyl
on
> them, but I've seen them just metal in the body color?  Third, how do the
> seats come out?  Mine are rusted in place or something and I can't get
them
> to move.  The seats are pretty much wiped out, but the floors are solid
and
> I don't want to bend them up ripping the seats out.  Any ideas?
----------
The inside of the doors are capped with a vinyl piece that has holes in it
to allow the fasteners for the interior door panels to attach to the door.
Regardless of interior colour, these originally were black. They slip
inside the window slot, are usually glued to the door top, and are also
held by the panel fasteners. The metal in body colour on a 70 Spit usually
is the result of the vinyl panels having been removed because of damage.
These vinyl caps are available from the major suppliers...I got mine from
TRF.

Slide the seats back in their tracks...there are two bolts (one for each
track) at the front that screw into captive nuts on the underside of the
floor pan...remove these. Slide the seats forward in their tracks...there
are two bolts (one for each track) at the back that screw into captive nuts
on the underside of the floor pan...remove these. Voila, the seat comes
out!

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Keith