Re: Running Rich (was: Engine Temperature)

To: "Ben Bacon" <Ben@HEI-KC.com>,
Subject: Re: Running Rich (was: Engine Temperature)
From: robertp <robertp@esper.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:09:25 -0400
I had the same problem with the same model carb.  Got to the point where
I was spewing noxious fumes and only getting 24 MPG at best.

On the Stromberg 150, you can't replace the needle seat.  Apparently, some
of the earlier models allowed replacement (threaded insert), but as best
I could tell, on the later models, it was completely non-replaceable.

I had tried new needle, and all sorts of other thing (gross-jet, new
float, etc.) I finally decided it was the needle seat, and bought a new
carb - one that worked - a Weber.  Bye-bye problems, say helooo to
performance improvements.

Some months later, blew my engine (siezed a connecting rod to the crank).
I have completely rebuilt it - balanced and all.  Can't wait to fire it
up.  The improvements I made during the rebuild along with the carb should
make for some fun driving.

On 8/17/99 1:53 PM Space Aliens made Ben Bacon say...