Re: 66 Spitfire handbrake boot needed...

To: Cliff Pike <cpike@cpass.net>
Subject: Re: 66 Spitfire handbrake boot needed...
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 18:30:48 -0700
Cliff,
Even they don't say it, the boot for the Later model Spits work for the
Mk1, 2 and 3.

I was faced with that myself and ordered mine from VB (P/N 9-8416)
approx. 10 bucks.

I riveted the base to a metal surround to keep it tucked under the
carpet and installed the carpet over it.  Looks like it was put there at
the factory!

Joe

Cliff Pike wrote:

> Listers,
> Does anyone out there have a hand brake boot for a 1966 Spitfire4 MKII
> that they'd be willing to sell?. I've tried the usual places where I
> deal, without success.
> TIA
> Cliff Pike
> Guelph, Ontario
> 66 Spitfire4 MKII  FC86163 daily driver, summertime only
> 64 Spitfire4 (for parts, also without handbrake boot)
> 58 TR3A TS30767LO  in restoration
> 59 TR3A TS47064L parts car
> 60 TR3A TS64232L parts or restoration

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer