Re: Mono Tunes

To: spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mono Tunes
From: "Paul E. Turley" <turl@eriecoast.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 00:35:55 -0400
Fred Thomas wrote:

> "R.D. Waid" wrote:
>
> > Listers,
> > I picked up a period radio at a swap meet today for $ 10. Itıs an AM FM mono
> > unit, supposedly from a Midget (the MG, not the guy I bought it from). Itıs
> > ³Continental²  brand unit. There are three wires- blue, blue with grey
>stripe,
> > and gray. Power to blue gray (+) and blue (-) lights the dial. Iım assuming
>that
> > gray drives the speaker, which would be grounded to the car body. I canıt
> > remember for sure if mono radios work this way; its been years since I
>messed
> > with mono sound. Also, if anybody has first hand experience/knowledge of
>this
> > brand (was it a dealer installed accessory for MG, for example) I would
>like to
> > hear about it.
> > TIA,
> >
> > Bob Waid
> > 71 Spitfire

Good question Bob, while you all are contemplating that one.  I have the
original
(Triumph) AM radio for my '66 MK II and would love to see if it works.  Any
ideas on
which wire colors is power, speakers, etc?

--
Later,
Paul E. Turley

"Never before in the history of man have so many known so little about so much."
Carl Sagan