Dash plaque update

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash plaque update
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 10:53:36 -0500
Apparently, this didn't go out last night, so I'm resending it.

Thought I would send an update and another request for orders on the
late model Spitfire rectangular "SCCA National Champion" dash plaques.

I was not completely happy with the blue inside the "wheel" on the
plaque and will have another test made up by Friday, the 13th  (so I'm
told). The problem, though not a big one, is the blue is supposed to be
a light blue and the production was done with a medium blue and screened
to lighten it up.  I'm asking for a solid, opaque light blue.  If they
can do this, I will have them done this way. If they can't I may have to
take them to another printer, which could mean more time (and money?).

I've installed one of the test run plaques on my dash and it looks
great, but I wouldn't feel right not getting them just right.

For those of you who haven't seen the new plaque, look here:
http://www.enteract.com/~vmichael/badge.html
If you would like to order one, send me an email with the subject DASH
PLAQUE ORDER. I will send an email when I have the full run completed
and request quantity, payment and shipping address.

As it stands, the cost is going to be $15 each (shipping in the US
included - I know they didn't put these on Spits anywhere else, but
thought I would add that just in case).  This is provided my current
source can accommodate the blue color.

NOTE: Someone out there was looking for a 1980 Spit Dash Plaque
containing 2 lines of dates. Has anyone been able to find one?

Hoping you're all having/had a good weekend,

Vic

vmichael@enteract.com
1977 Spit (fm62959u) Recreational Driver
1978 Spit (fm77300u) Parts Car
????  Early Spit? Karmann Ghia? VW Convertable Bug? (some OTHER money
pit!)  :)