finaly got my Spit, Stromberg carb question

To: Spit-LIST <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: finaly got my Spit, Stromberg carb question
From: gfaber <gfaber@fast.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 19:26:37 -0400
Hello to all the List
After a a good 20 years later Im proud  again to be a spit owner, just
bought a 1980 in fair to good shape, I know, its got those crappy
bumpers  but hey the price was right and she fired up pretty well for
sitting for 2 years,  very little rust and clean dent free body. What a
feeling, driving this for the first time,
after 20 years it seem like just yesterday, man did I miss my old
spitfire
well enough of the rambling,  this car has a single stromberg carb, its
running super rich, lots of carbon  on the back of the car around the
exhaust
Im used to the SU's  I see I need a special tool for adjusting the
Stromberg, looks like a allen wrench with a sleeve and a key on it.  Is
it possible to adjust
it using just an allen wrench or am I taking a chance damaging to
diaphragm?
Thanks for everyone being here, Its great to know there are a bunch of
spit addicts still around
Regards
Gerry
80 spitfire