RE: Pertronix Ignitor & Distributor

To: "'Terry L. Thompson'" <tlt@digex.net>
Subject: RE: Pertronix Ignitor & Distributor
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:17:47 -0600
I'm not sure how well this applies to 1500s, but here goes. We replaced the
Delco with Mechanical Tach drive with a stock MGB distributor. No Pain, No
Fuss went right in, I don't remember if we had to change the drive gear or
not...We have since put in a Pertronix ignition system which has worked
beautifully all the way up to ~8000RPM (Only because we don't rev it any
higher). I can get the model # if anyone wants it, BTW this is on a 1300.
Mark Haynes
'65 Spit racer
RMVR #162