RE: Stubborn Woodruff Key

To: "'Edward Hamilton'" <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: RE: Stubborn Woodruff Key
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 10:02:11 -0600
Ed- use a small flat bladed screwdriver, and knock it lightly with a small
hammer. The end you tap on should either rise up, allowing you to get the
screwdriver under it to lever it up and out of the seat, or the key will
move away you and start sliding up the keyway.  Another way is to tap
downwards on one end of the key, driving it deeper in to the keyway on that
end. Then you would need a drive pin punch to continue driving it around and
out of the keyway. Regardless of which method you use, be sure to make
contact in the center of the key to keep it from mushrooming, and then
jamming in for good. Good Luck!!
Mark Haynes