Appliance Wheels lug nuts

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Appliance Wheels lug nuts
From: PBowen9685@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:08:48 EDT
HELP!  I have a set of Appliance Industry wheels for my spitfire.  The
problem is the wheels take a very different lug nut to fit on them.  It fits
on a standard Spit lug but has a very long and narrow shank.  These lug nuts
have the words "Spitfire, Midget, Sprite" written on one side.  I need at
least two of these lugs and connot find them anywhere on the web.  Is there
anyone that can help or would know where to get them.

I have investigated having them made at a machine shop for $50 a piece (and
they would still need chromed)  Does anyone know of an easier (read cheaper)
way of doing this?  Is there any company that specializes in this work?

Thanks I am majorly desperate.

Patrick Bowen