VTR 99 and beyond.......

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR 99 and beyond.......
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:33:25 +0100
Well, I've got to admit VTR 99 was as much or more fun than I expected it to
be!!  It was truly enjoyable meeting so many different list members.  Makes
me look forward to going to Portland Oregon next year and the one even
closer to home during 2001 in Colorado.

Next year I'll make the attempt to drive my spitfire there rather than trailer
it.

The trip to portland was fairly uneventful.  Other than an idle problem that
appeared after he left the high altitude of Denver, Bud Rolofson's TR6 ran
nicely all the way there.  Although I do believe his TR6 had the hood up as
much as down during the trip to Maine!  I made the journey back to Lincoln
which was a total of 1620 miles in about 29 hours total time.  Part of which
was spent sleeping.  But at least I got home in time to find that my hot
water heater was broken!

It was truly an incredible site to see all those Triumphs line up along Spring
street.  One of the more humorous items was actually seeing Dan Masters
have an electrical problem with his TR6!  Of course he had it diagnosed in
about 1 minute or less but still it was worth the trip just for that!!

My compliments to the New England Triumphs, they did an exellent job of
hosting the event.

Hopefully I'll be seeing more of you in the other Portland.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 4/29/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108