DIF Resealing

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: DIF Resealing
From: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 14:19:38 -0400
One of the many leaks on my 72 Spitfire seems to be progressing at an
unacceptable rate (that being the outputs of my differential).  I don't want
to take the car off the road long enough to mutilate this job myself, so I
am going  to hire it done.

My questions are this:

1. I will also have the bearings redone, as well as all four u-joints as
long as the thing is apart.  Any other work I should look for?

2. How much, assuming the differential itself is in adequate shape, should I
expect to be paying before I get a second opinion?  I like the shop I will
be using, and don't mind paying full bore for good work, but I don't like
throwing money away, either!

I was hoping this could wait until winter and I could do it at my leisure,
but my driveway is about to be reclassifed as an EPA Superfund site thanks
to all the gear lube!

Thanks again for all the help!

Mike Perry
72 Spit (I know I can measure miles per gallon of gas, but how does one
calculate miles per pint of 80/90 gear lube?)