Re: Original Spit tyre size

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Original Spit tyre size
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 22:54:24 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/99 6:08:21 PM EST, tambrose@tir.com writes:

< Another slow night. Does someone know if the original tire size on Spit Mark
< IVs were 155/80 or perhaps 155/70? I have the bolt-on wire wheels. They
<currently have 165/80s, a bit tall, but interesting.

145-R-13, I believe were standard on the MKIVs

< I have a busted tach drive on my distributor and I'm trying to figure RPM
<using MPH on my fresh engine among some other projects. A hassle to be sure.

Put a dab of paint on a tire and roll it and measure how far apart on the
pavement
the two dots are.  Then you can figure how many wheel revolutions per mile and
multiple by 4.11 for engine revs at a true (not indicated) 60 mph for your
size
tires.

<If anybody is out there

How much fun can they POSSIBLY be having at VTR without US???  :)

Cheers,

Greg Rowe
78 Spit
72 Spit