Re: mk2 progress

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mk2 progress
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 08:18:45 EDT
In a message dated 7/26/1999 11:57:50 PM EST, engstrom@tstonramp.com writes:

<snip>
>      One question: I'm going to replace the motor and transmission
>  mounts. Do I have to disconnect the driveshaft to do this? Or can I just
>  jack up the engine under the oil sump, replace the motor mounts, and
>  then jack the transmission tail up and replace those mounts?

David:

Front engine mounts:  no need to disconnect the driveshaft.
Rear mounts (on tranny):  I'm not sure since I normally do this as part
of a clutch job when the tranny is out.  I suspect that it will be difficult
to lift the transmission to gain sufficient working room without dropping
the driveshaft.  However, since you have to gut the interior to remove
the tranmission cover anyway, what's four more bolts to remove the
driveshaft? :)    (I assume non-O/D - O/D mounts are different.)

Enjoy!

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire