Re: Spit Fuses

To: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>,
Subject: Re: Spit Fuses
From: "ralph.jannelli" <ralph.jannelli@cwix.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:58:57 -0400
Yes, I did not mention the whole story just to see what responses I got. I
have had the problem with these two fuses melting solder before. One of the
fuse holders shows melt damage and the tension on that terminal is not as
great as the others. I had coated both ends of the fuses with a conductive
copper grease to help with the conductivity. This seemed to do the trick
until today. I will check the wiring for signs of heat damage but I haven't
seen any in the past. If the problem is just contact resistance I'm thinking
of putting in jumper wires on the fuse block and add inline fuses else where
in the harness.

Ralph Jannelli
Matthews, NC
'65 Spitfire MKII