TSSC International

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TSSC International
From: William Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:39:14 +0100
Well the dust has settled on yet another International Weekend. This was
the first year I'd not stayed for the whole weekend, we went up early on
the Saturday morning and came home the same evening. It made for a long
day, but overall it was less tiring for my wife Karen (who is expecting
our first child) than camping.
        Much money was spent on lots of lovely Stanparts for Y128, and many old
friends were met and new ones made. The display of Heralds on Saturday
was rather impressive, but I really wanted to take one car home with me
- a late 1959 Herald Saloon in Lichfield Green with Matador Red
interior, with only 21,000 miles from new - the best unrestored 948 I
have seen! It was absolutely gorgeous and unspoilt, even the carpets
were still a rich blood red! And it wasn't expensive either. But I just
didn't have the 1600 pounds spare, or any garage space so I had to leave
it there, a real shame. I hope it found a sympathetic owner.
        So did I miss anything on Sunday? Was the party on Saturday as riotous
as usual? Anyone got any good gossip? Did Leon behave himself I wonder?
        Cheers,
                Bill.
                            This Message sent by:
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupe Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupe
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup