Re: more help, please

To: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@mrdog.msl.com>
Subject: Re: more help, please
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:51:06 -0400 ()
On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Donald H. Locker wrote:

> I am missing the rubber-in-steel (I think) top steering column clamp.
> It's the part that would be the saddle of a cable clamp or muffler
> clamp that the U-bolt fits into.  The bottom, which is the U-bolt
> part, exists and seems to be a rubber-in-steel (I think) gizmo.  The
> big three don't list them; any suggestions?  I may fabricate one, but
> don't plan to try to vulcanise rubber-to-steel.

Sorry, but I'm not absolutely sure I can picture the part you're
describing. I probably have one, but I'd hate to send you a whole car
piece-by-piece until we hit the right item! :-)

> code for this vehicle is 56 (Royal Blue), and that is what (I think)  is
> under the windscreen frame...much darker blue (like the bag Crown Royal
> comes in)  than the current colour (like Kellogg's Rice Krispies (tm)
> box)....

Now if only you could describe steering column bits as well as you do
colors! :-) Sounds to me as if you've got original Crown Royal as a body
color, not Rice Krispies box.

--Andy

p.s. Anyone here wealthy enough to have purchased Royal Salute recently?
The bag that comes in also is a nice Triumph color as I recall. But then
I've paid less for any number of Triumphs than I would for a bottle of
Royal Salute.