Temptation

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Temptation
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 15:20:03 -0400
So, I call a guy about a spitfire he's got for sale...$600. All I really
need is the bonnet...But the guy says "Well, the body is in really good
shape, and so is all the chrome. I'd really like someone to restore it."
But the 1200cc engine is not working. (Needs a crank).

While I'm contemplating buying his '70 spit (just what I need, another
project vehicle), the new guy at work starts talking about how his sports
car got totaled, and he's trying to figure out what to do with the engine.
"I bought it back from the insurance company for $700" because I just
bought new tires for it" he says.
Me (being half interested): "Oh, sorry to hear that. What kind of car was
it?"
Him: "An RX-7 with turbo."
Me (as issues of Grassroots Motorsports roll through my mind): Wanna sell
   it to me?
Him: Maybe. What are you going to use it for?
Me: I'm sure I'll think of something.

This brings up two questions for the list;
Does the Betty Ford clinic have a special wing for car enthusiasts? And,
would anyone consider lending me thirteen hundred dollars?

Terry L. Thompson
'76 Spitfire
('70 Spitfire, as soon as tomorrow)
'50 Ford F5 (stake-body)