Car still won't start, but I'm making progress

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car still won't start, but I'm making progress
From: "Triumph TR 7" <tr7@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:08:16 -0500
Since it was such a nice day out, i decided to work on the car straight
after work(usually it's a weekend thing, but I'm getting impatient).

Managed to finally nail the problem with the fuel meter. For a good half
hour, I was manipulating the fuel meter from full to empty and again and
again. A slight tinkering with the screw made it go the full way from empty
to full. Orignally it would only go 3/4ths of the way. Hmm. But it's over.
Found some plastic thingy in the fuel tank, but it's gone. NO more jingles
in the tank.

So, I get everything back together(I swear they were not thinking about easy
removal/reinstallation of the fuel tank, EVERYTHING bumps against each other
from the metal clips to the fuel line to the actual metal fuel line to the
pump) and hope for the best.

I cleaned out the fuel pump gauze since there was some rusty bits in it.
Tried to start the engine, and it still won't turn over. Here are the
symptoms:

Fuel filter(in back of tank): dry
Line from tank to fuel pump: dry as a bone
Line from fuel pump TO carb: wet
Fuel pump itself: full o' gas.

What should I do? Does the fuel pump shut off if something in the carburetor
is blocking it? I'm runnig out of ideas as to why this car won't start, and
I've checked all possible avenues here.

Car still won't start.
Kids love the rich taste of web content!
http://british.nerp.net