Re: steering wheel size

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: steering wheel size
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:23:10 -0600
"Peter S." wrote:
  How about using my own wheel hub/horn
> push etc with a new rim?  Anybody try this?  Economics is a big factor on
> this car.  I'm wondering if maybe it'll clean/soften up with a good hide
> food or similar - if its leather.  The Grant wheel sounds feasible.

Peter,
I think that is what I said I did.  At least that is what I was trying
to say.

Anyway, I had the Grant wheel.  It had a good fat grip and is about 13"
in diameter but i did not like the cheesy hub and horn assembly that it
had.  So I took the center section from the Stock Spit wheel that I had
and through a bit of creative hacking, fitted the wheel onto the stock
hub.

It is highly possible you could so the same (particularly if you have a
good hub and a bad wheel)

Regards,
Joe

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer