Rear End Swap....

To: "Spit list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear End Swap....
From: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 22:48:13 -0500
Listers,
Well, I'm finally getting around to swapping the rear spring on the '67
Spit.  I'm putting one from a '76 into it, I will also be installing the
front sway bar from the '76.  I have asked this before but I just want to be
sure before I press on, Do I have to change the axle shafts to the later
ones???  I have been told yes and no, what do you all have to say???

Also, what were the ORIGINAL rear shocks fitted to a MKIII ??  The ones on
it are GIRLING and have plastic tops on them.  I thought the originals were
woodhead.

That's about it for now...

Thanks

N.A. Campiglia III