Re: The #1 Reason to Watch _The Spy Who Shagged Me_ is...

To: Jeremy Ryan Kinney <kinnejr@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: The #1 Reason to Watch _The Spy Who Shagged Me_ is...
From: Mark Gardner <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:55:26 -0700
Jeremy Ryan Kinney wrote:

> Just saw _The Spy Who Shagged Me_ last night.  Whether you go to the movie
> theater or rent it, watch out for the Spitfire Mk 3 in the distance and a
> great feature shot of a saffron yellow (orange) GT6 Mk 2 when Austin Powers
> and Felicity Shagwell are in London.   When I saw the latter (the GT6!) I
> felt like cheering, but my girlfriend punched me in the arm.  She must have
> anticipated it.  I kind of felt the movie went down from there.
>
> The first movie, _Austin Powers_, featured a TR4A, just in case everyone was
> wondering.
>
> Jeremy Kinney
> '71 GT6
The Spitfire Mark 3 was recently offered for sale in Los
Angeles.  It is probably very good, but I don't think excellent.  (I
gave some details in a previous post).  The guy was asking $4500, and I
couldn't see it.  I offered him $3K, and I think he was at least a
little offended.  He pulled it off the market, but may still be
interested if someone came up with the $4500 he's asking.  If any one
wants more details, let me know.

Regards,

Mark Gardner