Re: Power Brakes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power Brakes
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:50:20 -0700 (PDT)

first, brake servos are those big round booster things that you
see in every car but our spits, and they were an option on the
GT6 (option or standard?).  victoria british sells an after
market servo kit for single line braking systems.  it is a
remote mount, and looks pretty simple to install.  however, it
is alomost $300.  if you could find a good used one for less, it
might be worth it to try.  all they do is reduce the amount of
pedal pressure is required to apply a certain amount of brakeing
force.

--- Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com wrote:

> Spitters:
>
> Has anyone ever tried to apply power brakes to a Spitfire?
>
> Could this be a really simple thing to add to a spitfire if
> you could fit one of
> those big round booster things found in every car but
> Spitfires?  Are those
> simply mechanical in operation?
>
> Stupid question coming...what are brake servos?
>

> -Thanks,
>
> John
> 77' Spit

===