Re: Weber Decision

To: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Weber Decision
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 08:07:45 -0600
Bob,
Before jumping the gun on Webers, You might give Joe Curto a call and
discuss the problem with him.  It may be a simple matter of the wrong
metering needles for your engine.  I went through that with HS2's before
I got it right.  I experienced a full throttle lag in 4th gear as the
engine got to 4500 rpms.  Finding the correct needle set solved the
problem.

Regards,
Joe

"R.D. Waid" wrote:

> I've decided to bite the bullet and install a 2bbl Weber to replace my twin
>SUs
> on my DPO-modified Mark IV. This is after a frustrating 2 evenings worth of
> trying to get them to work together. I now have great idle but missing at
> everything above idle and no power. I've tried to follow both the Bentley and
> Haynes tuning procedures, but I think at least one carb is in need of a
> rebuild.
>
> I'm going to try the Performance Parts Warehouse (www.webercarburetors.com).
> Anyone on the list have firsthand experience with them? Assuming this works
>out,
> I'll have a pair of SUs (tag number AUD 257R and E) and MkIII intake manifold
> for sale or trade.
>
> Bob Waid
> 71 Spitfire FK4081L

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer