Gearbox Single Rail Jtype Overhaull

To: "'Spit List'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gearbox Single Rail Jtype Overhaull
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 22:08:23 +0100
Hi there,  after gettting strcuk down with the flu I stripped down my spare
'J' type overdrive box.

Basicly I need new syncro rings box bearings etc.

OD output bearings are fine, dont want to desturb them.

The clutch is not burnt, but mabe a bit thin, what is the min max depth of
the clutch surface.   Replacement is 90 pounds exchainge.

The main shaft is warn where it goes into the input shaft roler bearings.
Replacement is expensive, what alternatives are there.

The input shaft is dead, and I need a new one, again expensive, so I hope I
can nick the one from my cars box.

Whats envolved in a 5 speed conversion?