Spit front hubs

To: tr7@primenet.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit front hubs
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 08:06:11 -0500

Hello,

My Mk IV book says .002 to .008 endfloat on the front hubs.

To remove those grease caps on the hubs, I take a wood or sheet metal screw,
screw it in just enough to get a good grip, and then give it a big yank
with Vice-Grips (tm).

Why do you need to unscrew the disc from the hub  (unless you are replacing it)?

Doug Braun
'72 Spit