Re: Brake Bleeding

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Bleeding
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 19:31:53 -0500
>My bleeding technique that has worked ofr eeons as a 1 person job is similar
>to yours.  Once upon a atime I bought one of thosee thingies with the check
>valve, but it caused more problem than it was worth.  So I removed it and
>simply ran the line into a 12 oz coke bottle (and the fluid that came out
>looked like coke!).

Someone once told me about these special bleeder valves that you can get,
that have built-in check valves.  Thus, you can simply open them a little
and pump away, without any fear of air entering the system.
Has anyone ever heard of these?  I might be able to find out the name of
the manufacturer.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit