RE: new mg

To: "'Eric Kieboom'" <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: new mg
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:06:34 -0500
I US how much does this beauty cost ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Kieboom [mailto:ekieboom@xs4all.nl]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 1999 10:48 AM
To: spitfires@autox.team.net

At 22:06 12-05-1999 -0400, Atwell Haines wrote:

>At 02:57 PM 5/12/99 -0400, Edward Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>I am sitting in a hotel room in Zurich at the moment.  Wanted to share
>>with the group that I happened to get a close look at a current model
>>MG.  Quite a nice car, wish they were in the states, i'd buy one in a
>>heart beat.
>
>Ed,
>
>Speaking of heartbeats, have you seen any Lotus Elise over there?  Now
>THAT's a car I wish we could get in the USA!

The Lotus Elise is about the only car for which I would trade in my
Spitfire, if forced. It has the engine from the MGF that Edward saw, but
due to clever design (chassis made of aluminium extrusions!) it's *very*
much lighter and stiffer, so has infinitely better handling and performance.

Want one. Badly.

Eric Kieboom
The Netherlands
1976 Spit 1500 - Original Java Green