Re: Excess parts for sale

To: "Dr. Faustus" <faustus@inconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Excess parts for sale
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 17:34:15 -0400

> > Keith
> My '70 Spitfire seats have a metal panel at the top.  I fabricated my own
> foam piece from some shipping foam, and Shoo Goo'ed it on.  I was under
> the impression that the GT6 and '70 Spit shared the same seats, but only
> for that year.
>
> Andy L.
> '70 Spit
Sorry, my description may not have been the best. The high back GT6 seats I
have, have a panel flush with the forward facing surface of the top hoop.
Therefore, the foam would have to be a flat piece. The 70 Spitfire may have
a panel, but it is centred inside the tubular frame for the top hoop.
Therefore, the replacement foam kits have the top foam thicker in the
centre than at the edges to fill up the recess. There may be other subtle
differences as well but, IMHO if you have spent the money on correct
upholstery, foams, straps, and diaphragms, you want the right frames to
make it all fit well.

Cheers
Keith