Re: New Wiring Harness

To: Chris Taylor <spitfire@worldchat.com>
Subject: Re: New Wiring Harness
From: Patrick Barber <sailnbail@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 22:49:15 -0400
Chris Taylor wrote:

> Listers
> Can you tell me how big a job it is to replace
> the wiring harness in a 75 Spitfire. I'm getting
> real tired of finding and repairing DPO's botched
> wiring jobs. Seems like I just get one thing working
> and something else quits. Looking at the job it seems
> like the biggest part of the job would be removing the
> dash and routing the wires through the firewall but I'm
> only in dream mode right now. Any input would be
> appreciated.
> TIA
> Chris Taylor
> 75  Spitfire
> Burlington, Ontario

Getting the old one out will be easier than getting the new one in.  The
hardest portion to install is the harness which leads to the rear
lights.  It routes under the windshield, under the carpet, through a
cross member, through the left rear qtr. panel, etc, etc.  I have just
reinstalled mine after a major paint job on my car.  It was time
consuming but not difficult. If you were totally dedicated, you could do
it in a weekend by yourself.

--
Patrick Barber, Allen Park, MI
70 Spitfire MkIII FDU89984L