Re: Leak in bellhousing

To: Ray Bryant <photoray@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Leak in bellhousing
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 15:12:52 -0700
Ray,
It's likely coming from the front seal of your Tranny.  Either that or
the rear seal of your engine.  Check the type oil it is and that will
probably tell you.

If you have a 3-Rail Tranny, it is easy to overfill those and the excess
will flow out the front until it reaches the correct level.

Joe

Ray Bryant wrote:

> I just put another gearbox on and after driving a few miles I have oil
> flowing out of the drain hole in the bottom of the bell housing.  Where is
> it comming from?

> Ray Bryant
> Keller, Texas
> '73 Spitfire 1500 (FM6879U), Daily driver
> Red River Triumph Club http://www.imagin.net/~hensley/rrtc.html
> Bryant Studios Photography http://www.flash.net/~photoray

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer