Re: positive rear camber question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: positive rear camber question
From: Kma4444@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:27:42 EST
OH please , oh please do not leave your car in a positive camber condition ,
we are all strapped with the swing axle suspension and it's inherant flaws ,
please don't make things truly horrible by having positive camber . Can you
say terminal oversteer ? The Spit can be made to handle very good indeed in
spite of the swing axle and in some cases , because of it . The positive
camber will cause huge jacking loads at the rear of the car , which can make
the car " dangerous at any speed " . I would consider 1 degree negative to be
the absolute minimum negative I would run . Of course we all know that there
is no way to control camber on the rear without tying the suspension solid  ,
we have to accept the negative camber , in fact we should embrace it ,
lovingly , ask a Sprite racer about cambered rear axles for their race car and
they get a big jealous look about them .